COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Notices related to COVID-19 for members, groups and brokers – READ MORE.

Sign in/Register

Widgetized Sidebar

This panel is active and ready for you to add some widgets via the WP Admin

Breaking Down Your TruAssure Member Benefits

March 7, 2017.TruAssure.0 Likes.0 Comments

Breaking Down Your TruAssure Member Benefits

A couple looking at their laptop, reading up on their TruAssure member benefits

If you’re a TruAssure dental member, you can easily access affordable dental care. But you might still have some questions about how your benefits work. TruAssure is here to help you navigate your benefits, and has tools to help you get the most out of your plan.

Understanding Your TruAssure Insurance Benefits

The first step to using your insurance is understanding the details of your plan. There are key insurance features, including your deductible, coinsurance and annual maximums, for each plan that you should get to know, so you have a clear understanding of your benefits.


A deductible is the amount of money you pay towards your dental care each year before TruAssure contributes. The deductible you or your family is responsible for depends on your dental plan. Deductibles can apply to individuals and families.


With TruAssure, as with other dental insurance, you share the costs of your dental care with your insurance carrier. Coinsurance is the percentage of dental treatment costs for which you are responsible. For example, TruAssure may cover 80 percent of the cost of a certain procedure, and you would pay the remaining 20 percent. You pay coinsurance even after a deductible is reached. Just like your deductible, your dental plan determines coinsurance costs.

To have an idea of how much will be covered and how much you may owe, you can request a predetermination of benefits. In fact, TruAssure recommends you do this for any procedure over $200. If you have any questions, our Customer Service representatives are just a phone call or email away.

Annual Maximums

Annual maximums determine the greatest amount that your TruAssure plan will pay towards the cost of your care per year. Annual maximums can range from $1,000 to $5,000 depending on your dental plan. Once a maximum is exceeded, the member is responsible for the full cost of dental treatment.

Now that you understand the language behind your dental insurance benefits, get to know the tools TruAssure provides to help you get the most out of your benefits.

Tools For Maximizing Your TruAssure Benefits

Find a Provider Tool

If you want to save as much money as possible, use in-network providers. By going to a network dentist*, your money goes farther than it would at an out-of-network provider. You will save between 20 and 40 percent on out-of-pocket costs when you visit a network dentist because these dentists agree to charge a set amount for each procedure.

TruAssure’s Find a Provider tool helps you find a dentist who is in-network and in your area. Make sure to verify your dentist’s participation before you make your appointment with them. 

Predetermination of Benefits

Predetermination tells you how much TruAssure will pay for a given service and how much you’ll contribute out-of-pocket. TruAssure’s predetermination service gives you a clear picture of your costs before you incur them.

This helps you understand in advance how much you’ll have to pay for a procedure you know you need. It can also help you determine what service is best for you if there is more than one option that your dentist feels could work for your needs. TruAssure recommends a predetermination for any procedure costing more than $200. You can ask you dentist to submit a predetermination to TruAssure.

Do you still have questions about your benefits as a TruAssure member? Don’t hesitate to contact us. For more general information about how dental insurance works, read our e-book, How Does Dental Insurance Work, Anyway?

*All TruAssure dental plans, other than Basic and Preferred dental plans, are offered in association with the DenteMax Plus dental network arrangement, which includes participating dentists from the DenteMax, United Concordia and Connection dental networks. TruAssure Basic and Preferred dental plans for both group and individual members are offered in association with the DenteMax dental network.

Categories: Individuals

Add comment